Migraine as a Risk Factor for Dementia: A National Register-based Follow-up Study
AHSAM 2020 - Oral session
Published on October 2, 2020 | NEW
This Medfyle was published more than two years ago. More recent Medfyle on this topic may now be available.
This is a highlights summary of an oral session given at the AHSAM 2020 Virtual Annual Scientific Meeting and presented by:
Sabrina Islamoska, PhD
Postdoc Researcher University of Copenhagen
Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark Slides
The content is produced by Infomedica, the official reporting partner of ASHAM 2020 Virtual Annual Scientific Meeting. The summary text was drafted by Goldcrest Medical Writing, reviewed by Marco Vercellino, MD, an independent external expert, and approved by Jessica Ailani, MD, FAHS and Mark J. Burish, MD, PhD, the scientific editors of the program.
The presenting authors of the original session had no part in the creation of this conference highlights summary.
1. Taudorf L, Nørgaard A, Islamoska S, et al. Declining incidence of dementia: A national registry-based study over 20 years. Alzheimer’s & Dementia 2019;15:1383-1391.
2. Wimo A, Guerchet M, Ali GC, et al. The worldwide costs of dementia 2015 and comparisons with 2010. Alzheimer’s & Dementia 2017;13:1-7.
3. GBD 2016 Disease and Injury Incidence and Prevalence Collaborators. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Lancet 2017;390:1211-1259.
4. Livingston G, Sommerlad A, Orgeta V, et al. Dementia prevention, intervention, and care. Lancet 2017;390:2673-2734.
5. Dodick DW. Migraine. Lancet 2018;391:1315-1330.
6. Stovner Nichols, Steiner et al. Global, regional, and national burden of migraine and tension-type headache, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. The Lancet Neurology 2018;17:954-976.
7. Headache Classification Committee of the International Headache Society (IHS) The International Classification of Headache Disorders, 3rd edition. Cephalalgia 2018;38:1-211.
8. Juster RP, McEwen BS, Lupien SJ. Allostatic load biomarkers of chronic stress and impact on health and cognition. Neuroscience Biobehavioral Reviews 2010;35:2-16.
9. Borsook D, Maleki N, Becerra L, et al. Understanding migraine through the lens of maladaptive stress responses: a model disease of allostatic load. Neuron 2012;73:219-234.
10. Bashir A, Lipton RB, Ashina S, et al. Migraine and structural changes in the brain: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Neurology 2013;81:1260-1268.
11. Wang, J., Xu, W., Sun, S. et al. Headache disorder and the risk of dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies. J Headache Pain 2018;19:95.
12. Escher CM, Sannemann L, Jessen F. Stress and Alzheimer's disease. Journal of Neural Transmission 2019;126:1155-1161.
13. Ouanes S, Popp J. High Cortisol and the Risk of Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease: A Review of the Literature. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience 2019;11:43.