Graham Award: Practical Approach to Eye Pain and Photophobia
AHSAM 2020 - Oral session
Published on July 17, 2020
This Medfyle was published more than two years ago. More recent Medfyle on this topic may now be available.
This is a highlights summary of an oral session given at the AHSAM 2020 Virtual Annual Scientific Meeting and presented by:
Kathleen B. Digre, MD, FAHS
Distinguished Professor of Neurology
University of Utah Health Care
Salt Lake City, Utah
The content is produced by Infomedica, the official reporting partner of ASHAM 2020 Virtual Annual Scientific Meeting. The summary text was drafted by Goldcrest Medical Writing, reviewed by Marco Vercellino, MD, an independent external expert, and approved by Jessica Ailani, MD, FAHS and Mark J. Burish, MD, PhD, the scientific editors of the program.
The presenting authors of the original session had no part in the creation of this conference highlights summary.
1. Digre KB, Brennan KC. Shedding light on photophobia. J Neuroophthalmol 2012;32:68-81.
2. Bowen RC, Koeppel JN, Christensen CD, et al. The Most Common Causes of Eye Pain at 2 Tertiary Ophthalmology and Neurology Clinics. J Neuroophthalmol. 2018;38:320-327.
3. Buchanan T, Digre KB, and Warner J, et al. A review of the symptoms of photophobia in an eye clinic. Neurology 2009;72: (suplement 3):184. Not available online.
4. Hanson LL, Ahmed Z, Katz BJ, et al. Patients With Migraine Have Substantial Reductions in Measures of Visual Quality of Life. Headache 2018;58:1007-1013.
5. Ozudogru S, Neufeld A, Katz BJ, et al. Reduced Visual Quality of Life Associated with Migraine is Most Closely Correlated with Symptoms of Dry Eye. Headache 2019;59:1714-1721.
6. Kinard KI, Smith AG, Singleton JR, et al. Chronic migraine is associated with reduced corneal nerve fiber density and symptoms of dry eye. Headache 2015;55:543-549.
7. Shetty R, Deshmukh R, Shroff R, et al. Subbasal Nerve Plexus Changes in Chronic Migraine. Cornea 2018;37:72-75.
8. Llop SM, Frandsen JE, Digre KB, et al. Increased prevalence of depression and anxiety in patients with migraine and interictal photophobia. J Headache Pain 2016;17:34.